Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lucy's Christmas Eve Puppies!

After an exhausting day of preparations for the next couple of days to come which were Christmas Eve and Christmas day I went into the laundry room, looked at Lucy and said, "Lucy, please don't go into labor tonight, I am exhausted..." I turned off the light and went to bed.
Christmas Eve morning I got up and went to let Lucy outside and to my surprise she was laying in her bed with two puppies and one on the way! I yelled for James, he immediately ran in the room and sprang into action. He rubbed her head and reassured her that she was doing great. She was such a trooper. The first two pups were nursing while she was giving birth. They were all black and as cute as can be!
I have to admit, I felt horrible for not being with her all night. She was in labor all night by herself!
Lucy did not make a sound and pushed those puppies out like nothing. I was a proud grandma for sure.
After 3 black puppies born, 2 white pups came out after. My tiny miniature schnauzer Lucy had FIVE puppies!
Mommy and babies and doing wonderfully. Puppies are growing like weeds and mommy is taking care of them perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment