Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Eve 2011

My most favorite Christmas tradition is going to my Tata and Nana's house on Christmas Eve.
My handsome boys ready to go to Nana & Tata's house!
My entire family comes together to eat, drink, exchange presents and be merry! Everyone brings a dish to share and we all feast as a family. My Nana sets up her porch with tables, chairs and decorations. I remember when I was a little girl every inch of her home would be covered in Christmas decor. From villages to lights to trinkets to ornaments to her fabulously decorated tree. But, as she's gotten older the decorations have become fewer and fewer, which I understand completely. It was just a wonderful memory. My Tata and my Tio Nino (godfather) used to drench the exterior of the house with lights and characters. There would be cars driving by all night just to stop and enjoy their light display. That too has gotten fewer and fewer, but still looks great to this day.

Nana & Chloe <3
This year was so much fun! Everyone got along, I heard laughing, saw smiling faces and the kiddos running around playing with each other. From what I saw, my family was enjoying each other and there's nothing more that I want for us is to remain a close knit family.
The girls were spoiled as they were passed around from arm to arm. I was spoiled too then because I got a few hours of babyless arms! Haha! The boys played outside with their cousins all night long! Ryan and his cousin Justin always have such a great time playing together as well. They both are monster truck enthusiasts - enough said.
I really, really enjoy the holiday season and I think that is because it is centered around family. I love my family! I am a very blessed person to have such wonderful, caring yet crazy people who in turn love me back just as much. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment