Saturday, January 7, 2012

Merry Christmas 2011!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
I am in love with everything Christmas! I love the smells, the decorations, the hustle and bustle of the stores, Santa in the malls, the excitement of children and most of all -- THE MUSIC!
As soon as Christmas music is played on a local radio station here, I am tuned in at home and in my car. I love, love, love it!
I made an advent event calendar for my children to enjoy every day in December and remember why we celebrate Christmas and the gift of giving. Some examples of the activities on the advent are:
December 4th - Gavin - Shop for your brother
December 5th - Jordan - Hug everyone in your family today
December 6th - Ryan - Surprise someone with a candy cane today
December 7th - Everyone - Make Christmas cookies while singing Christmas songs
etc...
Since having 3 boys who are different in age and developmental stage I did each day for each child and a day for the family.
It was really fun and I definitely will be continuing this new tradition in our house for years to come!

Ryan with his gingerbread house he made!

Gavin and his gingerbread house!

Jordan and his gingerbread house!

No comments:

Post a Comment